Monday, January 24, 2011

Madrid 2010


These pictures were taken when we visited Madrid in June 2010! 
We bought tickets to go to Madrid to attend an event at the Indonesian Embassy but unfortunately the event was cancelled but since we did not want to cancel our tickets, we decided to just go to Madrid and enjoy our vacation. 

Madrid was... very hot. (I don't recommend you coming in the middle of summer to Madrid!) And the Metro is very confusing. (Barcelona's transport system is still number one on my list). In addition, the traffic is insane (well it's understandable... I'm guessing in all capital cities, traffic is unbearable). And the city is kind of dirty too. However, just because I am a true culé fan, I don't see every places in Madrid negatively... they are quite a few nice things about Madrid, as shown in the pictures below.


A very nice, vast park in Madrid.


Right in front the stadium, I had the guts to take out my Barça shirt and took a picture with it. 
Barçca forever baby! :p


The Central of Madrid. Placa del Sol. 


The buildings behind me are facing the Royal Palace of Madrid. 
These buildings are very colorful (as you can see) Very summery indeed :)


Behind is the Cathedral (Almudena), where Letizia and the Prince of Spain got married. As stated, the name of the Cathedral sounds kind of Arabic. Well, as you might have studied in your history class, Islam invaded Spain hundreds of years ago. 


The main symbol of Madrid. 


Placa del sol.


A beautiful corner in Placa del sol. This reminds me of Paris somehow. 



Indo power!


The Palace. 

La.Vita.E.Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment