Saturday, January 22, 2011

A new chapter in life: Brussels 2011


Welcome to the heart of Europe; the capital of Europe: Brussels, Belgium.

























































Changes don't necessarily have to be bad. I've been through so many changes in my life. I first moved from Jakarta to Barcelona in 2004. Of course I did cry when I left my hometown...my"Tanah Air." But, I tried enjoying life. This was once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Sometimes when opportunity knocks, they might never knock again. It turns out that I did have the best seven years of life in Barcelona. I have the most amazing friends back in Barcelona who I truly love with all my heart. They have accompanied me since the very beginning. True friends will never ever leave your side what ever happens... trust me.

So here I am now...in Brussels. Everyone who I talk to always tells me "Why brussels? It's so grey." "Bad Weather!" "Urgh from Barcelona to Brussels? You're definitely gonna miss the sun." That sort of drop my mood sometimes but bleh screw that. There are so many good things about Brussels that they don't know. Chocolates and Belgian waffles! The huge parks! Touristic Areas such as Atomium (mini europe), Grand Place, St.Michael Cathedral, the Manniken-Pis! Cartoons (did you know that Brussels is famous for the cartoon/comics? hah see!) and also there are so many Indonesians here and I have found friends my age too! It's great.. I love it here. 

But I think the term "The Heart Of Europe" is an exaggeration. I mean what do you expect from a country known as "the heart of europe?" You expect a cleaner country. Convenient Transport system and life etc. But nah, there are things in Brussels that are still developing. And when it comes to transportation, not all part of Brussels have metro. It's kinda hard to get anywhere without Metro. I personally think Barcelona's transport system is still number one. Also, yesterday my mother was complaining cause to create a bank account here, there are so many things you have to go through. It's insane and not convenient at all.  

But.... one of the best things about Brussels/Belgium is that you can go to any part of Europe so easily...by train/buses. There are cheap tickets that you could get for students... My cousin, who used to live here in Brussels, told me that there is this Go Pass...So, you could buy train tickets for a cheaper price. I have to look into it more. And in addition, I will be able to learn a new language: French!

See. Changes are sometimes not bad at all. We should look at the positive side of everything.

La.Vita.E.Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment